How was it to read after a long??




So, I have been a good reader throughout my school and college days. Read mostly fiction, thrillers and crime novels. Agatha Christie was my all-time favorite. But I slowly got over this habit and in the last five years, I can't remember finishing even a book. I can picture myself starting many and losing interest soon. It is not definitely because of the books I choose. It is rather because of the state of mind I was in. 

I, by chance passed by a small book fair last day. To my surprise, I realized that I was no longer a person who can even choose books. I remembered how I use to suggest books for my friends and how I lend them mine (and never got them back). This really did hurt me. I spend a good 30 35 minutes just staring at the books, trying to figure out the authors, the genres and sometimes trying to read the outlines and reviews. Nothing is helping and I am struck. 

Luckily, the guy who was in charge of the fair suggested me two books. I did not even bother to look at it and bought one and came home. I was so embarrassed and hurt which I know I don't need to be. But deep inside me, I have started to realize that my self has changed so much. I am finding it difficult to accept this fact. 

So, with this book I just decided to start from scratch. I want to be what I was once. I want to read more and learn more. I might look up for nearby libraries from where I can lend. I am not in a position to buy books now, though one day I want to have a small library for myself which has so many books that I have read and understood well.

Reading Experience

I started to read this book while I was travelling. I have tried to read while in train many a times, but never succeeded and I know the reason why. It is because, mostly it uses to be academic books, or I will be reading from my iPad or phone or something digital. I can't accept the fact how fast everything is getting digitalized. No No, I am not anti-technological or something. I am so update to what is happening around me. But when it comes to books, I can't stand by even the thought of reading digitally. Reading for me, must be from hard printed books. Only then I get what I want. I get the feeling of I read something, or I understand what I read. Maybe, someday this will change. I am not sure, but I like it the old way

However, my new book did not disappoint me. The book review will be a separate post. But I was extremely happy that I could read. I could immerse myself into it. I am glad that I still have that vigor of finishing an interesting book as soon as I can. 

So, when I finally finished the book at 1.30 in the morning, I was happy. Happy reading a good book, happy remembering how I use to quickly read books like Twilight series (those were my favorite for some time and no I have not read Harry Potter), happy that I am starting a new journey of reading again. This is the most rewarding experience I have had in a while. 


PS: The image is from google search. Chose this because, I told you I want my library someday and I don't have a fixed posture while reading. I sit stand lean and lay down on my back just like in the picture.

Comments